PublishOne Says Goodbye To 2023 And Hello To 2024
In the publishing world, nothing stands still for very long – especially not software. 2023 saw a number of key updates to the friendly publishing platform, including internal notifications, new ‘at’ locations, and subtle UI/UX improvements.
As ever, enhancements to PublishOne were driven by the needs of our clients and the Advisory Council whose 2023 meeting was held aboard ‘The Grande Dame’ herself, the SS Rotterdam. We salute you!
Of course, 2023 will be remembered as the year that the true impact of AI began to be felt across almost every industry. Nobody’s got AI totally figured out yet, but our partners SNAP Innovation have done groundbreaking work to bring AI translation services and AI document summaries into PublishOne.
Without further ado, let’s take a look back at some of the highlights of 2023, and look forward at what’s to come in 2024.
Best of the blog
With the appointment of Marit Spek earlier in the year, we continued to make inroads into the training and education market. Marit also upped our efforts to create useful and engaging blog content for existing and potential customers.
Two blog posts in particular really caught the attention of readers in 2023:
- A Founder’s Story: In a rare interview, PublishOne Founder and CEO, Wilto Hofman, shares how great people – both past and present – make the friendly publishing platform what it is today, and what it will be tomorrow. In this blog post, we uncover his journey as a Founder. Read the blog
- PublishOne x Microsoft Word: Professional writers love Microsoft Word, and it’s used by over a million companies worldwide. This blog post explores the challenges – and solutions – for content publishers seeking to seamlessly integrate MS Word with a user-friendly editorial platform. Read the blog
Launched in 2023, our #IntegrationFriday videos give existing and prospective clients clear insights into what’s possible with PublishOne integrations (spoiler alert: a lot).
#IntegrationFriday represents our ongoing commitment to meeting the rapidly changing needs of people who publish content – from traditional publishing houses and government departments to corporations and educational training providers.
Two of the most watched videos in 2023 were:
- AI Translation Service: Robert Janoska, from our partner SNAP Innovation, discusses the AI translation service integration they’ve developed to translate one or multiple documents to over 100 languages. Watch the video
- Image Description & Keywords: In this video, Robert Janoska (spotted the theme here?) joins us to explain the image integration developed by our partners at SNAP Innovation. It makes working with images inside PublishOne easier and more accessible by using AI to create descriptions and image keywords. Watch the video
The latest updates for 2024
Whilst AI is likely to remain a major theme in the publishing world – and our business – in 2024, we’ll be ramping up our efforts to help people interact and collaborate with each other on publishing projects.
Due to popular demand, we’re also planning to bring forward the Advisory Council meeting to late spring / early summer 2024. On top of that, our product team is working hard on our next release – largely based on feedback and requests from the Advisory Council – which will be going live early 2024.
Release 6.4.0 features some hotly-anticipated new functionality, including:
- The search box can search for Document or Asset IDs.
- The Move function has been added to the Search View.
- If you add multiple terms to your search text, an ‘AND’ operator will be assumed.
- At document level, you will be able to add short comments for others to see.
It seems 2024 is already shaping up to be another exciting year for the PublishOne family! Our development team is already hard at work processing the Software Advisory Council’s 2023 search requests.
You can also expect upcoming integrations with Learning Management Systems (LMS) like Moodle, plus even more innovative integrations showcased in our monthly #IntegrationFriday videos.
Finally, we’d like to leave you with a short explainer video – our present to you! It’s perfect for explaining what we do and the benefits we bring. Happy holidays!